On the occasion of the 12th Meeting of the States Parties to the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention, the GICHD participated as an observer and contributed to the work of the Meeting trough the organization and participation to side-events in addition to statements in plenary. The President of the GICHD Council of Foundation, Dr Barbara Haering delivered a statement during the opening ceremony on Monday 3 December 2012.
- Opening Statement, Dr. Barbara Haering, President of the GICHD Council of Foundation PDF 224KB
- Promoting Operational Efficiency & Land Clearance, Guy Rhodes and Olivier Cottray PDF 89KB
- Cooperation and Assistance | A reminder of States Obligations, Pascal Rapillard PDF 107KB
- Wednesday 5 December 13h00-15h00 | Room XXIV
Mine Action support for Armed Violence Reduction: Mission Creep or Meeting Wider Security Needs?
Do mine action organisations contribute to AVR? Based on findings from a number of case studies, the GICHD shares key lessons plus practical guidance for the mine action community and those working directly on AVR-related programmes.
More information about Mine Action and AVR
- Thursday 6 December, 14h00-15h00 | Room XXII
Sustainable Information Management Package (SIMP)
The National Committee for Demining and Rehabilitation (NCDR) in Jordan requested the GICHD to develop the Sustainable Information Management Package (SIMP) project. The NCDR and GICHD will present the evolution and benefits of this new software.
More information about SIMP PDF 95KB
- 3 - 16 December | Esplanade du Mont-Blanc, rue du Mont-Blanc
Mine Action Outdoor Photo Exhibit
12 full sized illuminated panels representing the 5 pillars of Mine Action
- Vernissage open to the public | Tuesday 4 December 18h30
Invitation PDF 154KB