The GICHD attended the First Meeting of States Parties held in Lao PDR from 9-12 November 2010 as an observer and supported the Oslo process through:
- Technical inputs, including on the definition of cluster munitions.
- Substantive and practical support to the organization of the “Berlin Conference on the Destruction of Cluster Munitions”, 25-26 June 2009, presentations on the relevance of IMAS for cluster munitions stockpile destruction.
- Support to the organization of the “Regional Conference on the Promotion and Universalization of the CCM”, Bali, Indonesia, 16 and 17 November 2009, presentations on stockpile destruction and the Risk Management Model for Lao PDR.
- Contributions to the various thematic discussions in preparation of the First Meeting of States Parties.
- Ambassador Stephan Husy, Director GICHD PDF 69KB
- Ian Mansfield, Deputy Director GICHD PDF 313KB