Criteria for including material in LIMA:
- Data must be relevant to mine action.
- Only websites maintained by a formal organisation, such as governments, international organisations, academic institutions, commercial organisations and non-government organisations are included.
- Organisations must have, at minimum, a website page and an email address.
- Websites must be technically reliable and regularly updated.
- Data must not include material of an offensive character.
- Internet links to "pay to view" material are not included.
Periodically, the GICHD conducts reviews of the data in LIMA to check for broken links. The GICHD does not, however, guarantee that the contents of LIMA are up-to-date or complete, and the contents should not be considered as endorsed or approved by the GICHD, unless the GICHD is the source of the material in question.