Save the date | Launch event
The National Committee for Demining and Rehabilitation (NCDR) and
the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD)
are pleased to invite you to the webinar
''The Sustainable Development Outcomes of Mine Action in Jordan''
Date: 1 April 2021
Time: 15:00-16:30 CET (UTC +01:00)
The study ''The Sustainable Development Outcomes of Mine Action in Jordan'' maps the impact of land release, victim assistance, explosive ordnance risk education, gender mainstreaming, as well as partnerships and cooperation on sustainable development. It shows that mine action has clearly contributed to the five dimensions of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Jordan: partnership, peace, people, planet and prosperity.
- HRH Prince Mired - Chairman of the NDCR, the President of the Higher Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities, the Special Envoy for Universalization of the APMBC
- Ambassador Gianfranco Incarnato - Permanent Representative of Italy to the Conference on Disarmament
- Ms. Asako Okai - Assistant Secretary - General, Assistant Administrator and Director of Crisis Bureau, UNDP
Presentation of findings
- Mr. Mohammad Breikat – NCDR Director
- Ms. Ángela Hoyos Iborra – GICHD Advisor and author of the study
- Ambassador Stefano Toscano – GICHD Director
Please register here https://forms.gle/WEmyc7Rj4xjzmgbV6. Additional information with access link to the meeting will be sent directly to registered participants closer to the date.