Location : Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Open-ended contract
Activity Rate: Full time
Closing date for applications: April 28, 2021
Purpose / Summary
The GICHD has established a new Division to focus on designing, coordinating and managing comprehensive country programmes for a selection of partner countries, as well as a cross-cutting role in monitoring and evaluation, training and reporting on results, through the GICHDs established Results Based Management (RBM) system.
Donor reporting and relations are key aspect of the Divisions cross-cutting work and is intrinsically linked to M&E and RBM specifically. The GICHD is supported by approximately 20 donors, mainly governmental agencies in the field of mine action and ammunition management, but also other type of institutional donors, multi-lateral agencies, foundations and non-governmental organisations.
Under the direction of the Head of Strategies, Performance and Impact, the Grants Management Assistant works with the Donor Reporting Coordinator and Grants Management Officer to support operational Divisions in fulfilling donor requirements and ensuring that donor interactions are coordinated in a timely manner. S/he will work closely with Project and Programme Managers to support implementation, compliance and reporting in line with GICHD’s strategy and internal processes.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide support in grant management, reporting and resource mobilisation processes such as:
- Contribute to and assist in preparing, collecting and consolidating information for concept papers, funding proposals, donor reporting, narrative and financial reports/budgets as well as other resource mobilisation activities.
- Liaise with the Donor Reporting Coordinator and the Grant Management Officer for any donor requirements.
- Support the Donor Reporting Coordinator in conducting desk research on donor trends and prospects.
- Provide administrative, organisational, logistical and technical support to reporting or resource mobilisation, including initiation of contractual, financial or administrative workflows such as Memorandum of Understanding, agreements, consultancy contracts, expense reports, drafting minutes, mission reports and travel arrangements.
- Follow up on compilation of financial data, budgets and expenditures in liaison with the Grant Management Officer embedded in the finance division.
- Contribute to, advise, and communicate on amendments to grant agreements and change of workplans and budget, in line with agreements’ conditions.
- Assist with other project management related activities as necessary.
- Support the coordination and consolidation of donor narrative and financial reports.
- Support the preparation of donor communication materials, presentations, documentation material and background information.
- Day to day liaison with donors and partners as appropriate and monitor the donor interactions within the GICHD.
- Coordinate with Project and Programme Managers, the Grants Management Officer, and other relevant colleagues form across the organisation on implementation of grants and new initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of terms and conditions of the various Grants and contracts in coordination with Grant Management Officer and the Donor Reporting Coordinator.
- Promote and mainstream gender and diversity topics throughout services.
- Support to the Grant Management Officer in communications with operations divisions concerning any donor’s requirements.
- Provide administrative, logistical and financial support to the Donor Reporting Coordinator and the Head of Strategies, Performance and Impact as required.
- Fulfil other tasks assigned by the Head of Strategies, Performance and Impact.
Qualifications (technical qualifications or certifications that are essential to fulfil the post):
University degree, preferably in international relations, development, social sciences, marketing or another relevant subject.
Specific knowledge, technical skills
Proven experience in project coordination and support
- One year of prior work experience, preferably in an international organization
- Good IT skills, proficiency in Windows and Office environment is expected
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with funding procedures applicable in international, regional, and national regulations would be an asset
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial flows related to grants management.
- Ability to consolidate narrative and budgetary material for project proposals and reports.
- Record maintenance and database management skills.
- Ability and interest to interact with colleagues of diverse cultures, respect for diversity
- Ability to work as part of a team and to leverage on colleagues’ competencies to reach the objectives
- Good self-organisation skills and attention to detail are expected
To apply, please click on this link If you wish to join our mission and you feel you have the right profile to take on this role, please follow this link GICHD Job application portal
You are kindly requested to present your application in English and include
- a CV of maximum 2 pages
- a letter of motivation
- your earliest date of availability
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.
GICHD website www.gichd.org
For further information please contact us at hr(at)gichd.org