Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date / Duration: As soon as possible. Open-ended contract
Full/part-time: Full time
The GICHD’s multi-national teams are specialists in international development policy and programming, demining operations management cycle, ammunition safety management, international humanitarian law and conventions, gender and diversity inclusion, monitoring and evaluation; support functions in resource mobilisation, communication, administration, human resources, finances, conference management and project management. With nearly eighty women and men from more than twenty countries, the GICHD stands a unique and international hub of mine action expertise and shared knowledge.
The Recruitment Officer is part of the Human Resources team in the Support & Administration Division and works closely with the Heads of Divisions and technical specialists. S/he takes the lead, implements and coordinates the complete recruitment and onboarding life cycle for internationally and locally-sourced staff positions, internal transfers as well as building prospective talent pools. S/he is the technical manager of the applicant tracking system and responsible for the safe and compliant management of candidates data and recruitment records.
The Recruitment Officer prepares statistics and data analysis enabling the improvement or decision-making in recruitment operations and processes. S/he ensures that the selection processes and practices remain fit for purpose and fosters equal opportunities and diversity. S/he contributes to the employer branding and outreach in our digital media and website in coordination with the Communication team. The Recruitment Officer also stands in for the HR Operations Officer during absences.
Recruitment and onboarding operations
- Produce the vacancy notice for internal and external advertisement, based on the job descriptions.
- Identify appropriate international and local job boards, digital media, other communication channels or agencies to reach the desired pool of professionals and source relevant candidates, including active candidate search.
- Set up the electronic job application platform (applicant tracking system) for each vacancy; manage the incoming applications through the platform.
- Carry out the first screening assessment of all applications against the profile requirements.
- Advise the hiring managers and other selection panellists in their shortlisting for interview, monitoring the application of equal opportunities and non-discrimination principles.
- Design the most appropriate selection process for each recruitment, in coordination with the selection panel.
- Plan and organise the interviews (distance or in person); prepare and attend the interviews with the selection panel; coordinate and carry out tests, references and other selection methods before/after the interviews.
- Coordinate and produce the reporting documentation, for record keeping and due diligence. - Prepare and present the contract offers, including information on remuneration and benefits, international mobility and relocating to the Geneva region.
- Organise the induction programme of new staff members.
- Foster and monitor our equal opportunities and gender and diversity principles throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Correspond with all candidates appropriately at all stages of the recruitment cycle; build relationships with candidates in the talent pool; screen the unsolicited and prospective applications and manage them to build specific pools of prospects.
- Competence in designing and implementing the complete sourcing, selection and hiring cycle for technical professional, support and management functions, for local and international recruitment
- Minimum 2 years as in-house recruiter and in international talent acquisition
- Practice in HRM as generalist, business partner or administrator
- Excellent level of English as a working language, both in written and oral form
- Interest and knowledge in equal opportunities and diversity inclusion
- Service-oriented attitude and inter-personal communication skills enabling effective relationships with the hiring managers, candidates and colleagues from diverse cultures
- Education in Human Resources or a related field of study
- Experience as user or administrator of an applicant tracking system
- Skills in using digital media and networks for sourcing and advertising
- Good user level with spreadsheets or business intelligence tools for statistics and data analysis
- Interest and skills in writing communication promoting the organisation and the employer brand
- Experience in coordinating recruitment panels and enabling decision-making by providing the tools and methods in support of the process
- Fluent level of French as a working language
- Exposure to international non-profit organisation(s)
The application period has now ended.
Publication date : 13 February 2019