Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date: As soon as possible. Open-ended contract
Full/part-time: Full time
The GICHD’s multi-national teams are specialists in international development policy and programming, demining operations management cycle, ammunition safety management, international humanitarian law and conventions, gender and diversity inclusion, monitoring and evaluation; support functions in resource mobilisation, communication, administration, human resources, finances, conference management and project management. With nearly eighty women and men from more than twenty countries, the GICHD stands a unique and international hub of mine action expertise and shared knowledge.
The HR Operations Officer is part of the Human Resources team in the Support & Administration Division and works in close cooperation with the HR Assistant and the Recruitment Officer. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the employee life cycle, s/he is knowledgeable in the legislation and regulations on employment, social security, tax-at-source and work permits and acts as the HR business partner to our Heads of Divisions and other managers.
His/her main responsibilities are:
- Technical supervisor for the production and administration of the employment contracts, including all social security aspects, withholding tax, work/residency permits, legitimation cards, administrative management of absences and overtime, insurance claims.
- Advise all employees on the employment regulations, internal policies and rules, the remuneration policy and benefits and their application throughout the employee life cycle.
- Liaise with external provider for payroll, provide data on variables and verify all payroll documents for accuracy; liaise with the Accounting section over the payroll accounts.
- Edit job descriptions in collaboration with the business units; participate in the positions classification and remuneration setting.
- Focal point and monitoring of the employees evaluations and follow-up.
- Participate in the needs assessment in learning and development; organise group training sessions or individual training courses.
- Control the accuracy of employee data in the ERP (Microsoft Navision) and produce organigrammes and periodical statistics.
- Participate in the drafting of policies, regulations and procedures related to the employee life cycle and employment conditions.
- Several years of practice as HR generalist, administrator, business partner with Switzerland-based companies / organisations
- Good knowledge of the employment contracts administration with social insurances and tax-at-source in Switzerland
- Experience in multi-national and multi-cultural work environments
- Competence in recruitment
- Proficient user of MS Office applications; good user level with spreadsheets or business intelligence tools for statistics and data analysis
- Excellent level of French and English as working languages, both in written and oral form - Strong organisational skills to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- Service-oriented attitude and inter-personal communication skills enabling effective relationships with colleagues, internal clients and other stakeholders from diverse cultures;
- Swiss Certificate of Human Resources Assistant or Swiss Federal Diploma in Human Resources
- Experience in international non-profit organisation(s)
- User of SharePoint, Navision and Visio software
The application period has now ended.
Publication date : 13 February 2019