Location : Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Open-ended contract
Activity Rate: Full time
Closing date for applications: September 19, 2021
Purpose / Summary
The GICHDs Strategies, Performance and Impact Division focuses on cross-cutting issues such as strategic planning, results based management, monitoring and evaluation, training and reporting on results. It is also responsible for designing, coordinating and managing comprehensive country programmes for a selection of GICHD partner countries.
Under the direction of the Head of Strategies Performance and Impact the Training Design and Development Specialist is responsible for leading the Centres Learning Unit (LU), which has been established to advise operational staff as they design and implement training courses and coordinate training related initiatives across the organisation.
Internally the incumbent works collaboratively with a dedicated Training Working Group as well as thematic Project and Programme Managers, providing technical support and advice as staff develop on-line, hybrid and face to face training courses along GICHD service lines.
- Lead and manage the development of the Learning Unit and TWGs annual plan in line with the GICHDs training policy and 2019-2022 Strategy.
- Lead and manage the configuration, implementation and refinement of the GICHD-wide Learning Management System (LMS), based on the BlackBoard platform. Ensure that GICHD staff are properly advised, trained and supported to operate the LMS.
- Lead and manage periodic sector wide Training Needs Assessments to inform the GICHDs training plans.
- Lead and manage the development of standardised approaches to the design and delivery of external training courses.
- Develop and maintain the GICHD training catalogue.
- Coordinate and facilitate the peer review processes undertaken whenever a new training course is developed. Ensure alignment of learning objectives to course content, assessment tools, and key competencies and roles of target audiences.
- Identify and refine criteria for determining appropriate formats for the design (or re-design) of training courses, including; on-line, hybrid and face-to-face delivery methods.
- Identify and refine appropriate means of training data collection and analysis in support of strategic decision making.
- Identify relevant research on teaching innovation and pedagogical interventions.
- Provide technical support and advice on the design and implementation of thematic Training Needs Assessments being conducted by operational divisions.
- Provide technical support and advice to technical experts and trainers in applying current pedagogical and andragogical theories and frameworks to inform course design and development across different training formats (on-line, hybrid and face to face training packages).
- Fulfil the role of Secretary to the GICHDs cross divisional Training Working Group, and act as the central focal point on all matters pertaining to training design and delivery.
- Project management, including responsibility for Learning Unit budgets
- Close collaboration with communications team on training-related matters/website integration of LMS.
- Carry out all responsibilities in a gender and diversity inclusive manner
- Fulfil other related tasks as assigned by the Head of Strategies Performance and Impact.
Operating Network (key external contacts)
- Service providers and training learning specialists
- Mine Action and Ammunition Management Partners
- Bachelor’s degree in development, political or social science, business or equivalent.
- Previous work experience in adult learning and development, preferably within international and humanitarian organisations.
- Certification in training development or project management.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of training courses.
- Demonstrated experience applying principles of adult learning for both in-person and remote audiences.
- Experience building digital products for learning purposes.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of BlackBoard based LMS an asset.
- Working knowledge of French, or another language practiced in EO affected countries an asset.
If you wish to join our mission and you feel you have the right profile to take on this role, please follow this link GICHD Job application portal
You are kindly requested to present your application in English and include
- a CV of maximum 2 pages
- a letter of motivation
- your earliest date of availability
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.
GICHD website www.gichd.org
For further information please contact us at hr(at)gichd.org