Position Accounting and Contracts Management Assistant
Division / unit Finance
Line manager Head of Division.
Activity Rate % 100%
Contract: Fix Term, 12 months
Application Deadline July 3, 2023
Purpose / Summary:
The role of the Accounting and Contracts Management Assistant is to provide an effective and efficient administrative and financial support service to GICHD’s Finance Division, especially in stretch collaboration with the Finance Officers and the Head of Division.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Verify the compliance of the content and the accuracy of the expense reports, supplier reports, consultant reports and other workflows submitted by staff members; enter the related data into the accounting system. Create staff/supplier/consultant accounts in the accounting system.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the GICHD accounting records and compliance with the accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage bookkeeping in Navision including maintenance of accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounting reconciliations
- Issue monthly payments and handle petty cash
- Assist the Finance officer during the quarterly and annual closing of accounts
- Booking the revenues accounts and statements of the GICHD, the Trust funds and the entities hosted by the GICHD
- Support the Senior Finance Officer and the Grant Management Officer in producing financial reports
- Contributing to the development of guidelines and best practices by reviewing the accounting policies and procedures
- Perform administrative tasks related to finance
- Assist finance staff members on administrative financial matters
- Operating Network (key external contacts and level): n/a
- Internal staff members
Qualifications (technical qualifications or certifications that are essential to fulfil the post):
- High school or graduate studies in accounting and/or finance
Specific knowledge, technical skills (that are essential to fulfil the post)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting procedures, accounting functions and financial administration,
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Experience using Navision is an important asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, strong knowledge in Excel, at least intermediate level
- Strong knowledge of P&L and balance sheet (assets, accruals, petty cash, bank…)
- Ability to conduct independent analysis, formulate solutions and make recommendations.
- Experience in NGO sector is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Good self-organisation skills and attention to detail are expected
If you wish to join our mission and you feel you have the right profile to take on this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
You are kindly requested to register your application in English on GICHD Job Portal and include:
- a CV of maximum 2 pages
- a letter of motivation
- your earliest date of availability
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.
However, please note that this position is not eligible for relocation benefits. Only local candidates will be considered and the GICHD will apply for a CDL (carte de légitimation) for restricted work/residence permit holders, for non-Swiss nationals and non-C permit holders.
The Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD) works towards reducing risks to communities stemming from explosive ordnance, with a particular focus on mines, cluster munitions, other explosive remnants of war and ammunition storages. The Centre helps develop and professionalise the sector for the benefits of its partners: National and local authorities, donors, the United Nations, other international and regional organisations, non-governmental organisations, commercial companies and academia. It does so by combining three distinct lines of service: field support focused on capacity development and advice, multilateral work focused on norms and standards, and research and development focused on cutting-edge solutions. These efforts are facilitated from the GICHD's location within the Maison de la Paix in Geneva.
GICHD website www.gichd.org
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org