Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Long-term, open-ended contract
Activitiy Rate: Full time
Closing date for applications: May 2, 2021
With the development of the Centre and a budget increase to CHF 20 million, in line with the GICHD’s 2019-2022 strategy, the GICHD is strengthening its financial management capacity by establishing a Finance Division under Administration and Support.
We are seeking a hands-on Head of Finance with solid experience and a strong financial vision and insight. In this newly created role, the incumbent will design an effective financial strategy, while ensuring that accounting and financial regulations are followed. The incumbent will oversee all financial aspects of the organization and will manage a team of 5 employees. S/he will develop the finance function within the organisation while ensuring that the financial and accounting processes are adapted to the GICHD evolving structure. In this capacity, the job holder will also contribute to the strategic development of the GICHD and the Result-Based Management framework.
Areas of responsibility:
- Lead and manage the Finance Division, striving to instill efficient and effective work practices that facilitate the achievement of positive/agreed results; foster a collaborative, respectful and enabling work environment.
- Promote gender and diversity inclusion in the activities of the division
- Ensure the compliance of activities and outputs of the Division with the policies and Internal Rules & Regulations, Swiss legal framework, and standards applicable to financial management
- Develop the GICHD financial strategy and establish financial objectives in collaboration with the management board
- Monitor the financial performance and evaluate the financial trends by measuring and analysing results at strategic and project levels.
- Supervise and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the GICHD accounting system and procedures. and ensure that the quality control of the financial data is accurate.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain the development, planning, processes, and controls of the GICHD finances. Maintain the project budget and the allocation of donors’ contribution frameworks.
- Implement and maintain rules, guidelines, and policies for financial management, reporting and procurement and ensure compliance in their implementation.
- Ensure that accurate financial information is provided for donor reporting, fundraising proposals, and grants agreement implementation
- Supervise the coordination of financial audits and ensure follow-up actions are implemented.
- Control the quality and timeliness of monthly, quarterly, annual accounting and narrative reports, statements, and presentations; monitor the standardization of internal financial reports in conjunction with Heads of Divisions and Project Managers
- Pilot the implementation of a user-friendly digital, integrated financial management system (ERP) to provide instant and accurate financial information and to ensure financial compliance with the grant agreements
Qualifications (technical qualifications or certifications that are essential to fulfil the post):
- Diploma of expert in finance and controlling, Federal Brevet in finance and accounting, Master’s degree in accounting, controlling and finance, other relevant post-graduate degree
Specific knowledge, technical skills (that are essential to fulfil the post)
- Minimum ten years of progressive experience in finance roles, ideally within a non-profit organisation
- Experience leading a team
- Proven knowledge of Swiss GAAP, RPC, IATI, IPSAS
- Proven experience in modelling financial strategies and planning
- Proficient in developing financial models
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Experience in identifying and implementing digital solutions and tools for financial management
- Advanced level in Excel and competent in BI tools. (Dynamic Navision, Power bi, Jet Report, Tableau, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Financial budgeting, analysis, and forecasting
- Fluent in spoken and written English (ability to write high level reports) and French
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, adaptability, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of EU grant financial management and audits
If you wish to join our mission and you feel you are the right person to take on this challenge, please apply on-line on GICHD Job Application. You are kindly requested to present your application in English and include
- a CV of maximum 3 pages
- a letter of motivation
- your earliest date of availability
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.