Location : Geneva, Switzerland
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: Open-ended contract
Activity Rate: Full time
Closing date for applications: January 30, 2022
Purpose / Summary:
The Executive & Travel Administrative Assistant is responsible for organising the professional travels for all GICHD staff members. In addition, s/he assists the Director in the management of all his/her administrative tasks. S/he serves as the primary point of contact for all internal and external administrative matters pertaining to the office of the Director with the ability to maintain a realistic balance amongst multiple priorities.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Assistance/support to the directorate
- Perform a wide range of administrative tasks for the Director, including managing the director’s calendar, appointments, planning of meetings, handling emails and telephone calls, organising and preparing the directorate’s meetings.
- Draft and prepare letters, emails, management reports and other confidential documents
- Draft minutes of meetings in English and/or in French.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the director including accommodation, invitations, agenda, visa applications, etc. Ensure that security measures related to the Director’s travel plans comply with the Internal Rules and Regulations (IRR).
- Provide logistical support to the Director during business travel
- Communicate on behalf of the directorate with the members of the Council of Foundation, the donors, the partners and the GICHD staff members.
- Oversee the various internal workflows and prepare related documents for the directorate.
- Follow-up on the implementation of the decisions taken by the directorate and anticipate any deadlines.
- Ensure diligent management of contracts and agreements to be approved by the director.
- Complete and submit expense reports and reconcile the corporate credit card statements.
- Book business travel and accommodation for GICHD staff members according to the information provided.
- Coordinate visa processing and other travel related documentation for staff members, according to the information provided.
- Ensure that staff members travelling for business are covered and insured by reporting incoming and outgoing employees to the relevant insurance company (SOS international).
- Assist the conference team with travel related activities for delegates participating in events and conferences organised by the GICHD.
Management of administrative duties
- Welcome all visitors of the Centre (centralised reception).
- Process UN badge applications and renewals for GICHD staff members.
- Manage GICHD service apartment(s), including communication with the Real Estate and staff member, entry/exit inventory, rental invoices, lease, liability insurance.
- Support staff members requiring parking space.
- Manage conference room equipment, liaise with service providers and support staff members accordingly.
- Assist HR with tasks related to the onboarding of newcomers, such as liaising with relocation providers and coordinating with moving companies to support staff members joining from abroad.
- Administrate and support the consultant roster framework and tender processes. Liaise with relocation providers to support staff members joining from abroad, in search for accommodation
- Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to mailing, screening telephone calls, drafting minutes of meetings, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
Safety and security
- Systematically report to the GICHD Accident Insurance the staff members travelling to high- risk countries.
- Update and maintain the safety and security rules and regulations in line with management’s decisions.
- Contribute to the training of the apprentice in coordination with the apprentice manager.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director.
Operating Network (key external contacts and level):
- NGOs, Embassies and Corporate Companies
- FDFA / DDPS
- DCAF AND GCSP
Qualifications (technical qualifications or certifications that are essential to fulfil the post):
- Diploma of executive assistant (Diplôme Assistante de Direction)
- Commercial maturity, commercial diploma
Specific knowledge, technical skills (that are essential to fulfil the post)
- At least 5 years of proven experience working in an office environment, performing admin duties, and providing support to management
- Experience working in international settings and/or non-profit organisations;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French, German would be an asset;
- Excellent computer literacy, proficient user of MS Office applications;
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems;
- Service-oriented, excellent inter-personal and communication skills enabling effective relationship with colleagues, internal clients and other stakeholders from diverse cultures;
- Ability to work in a methodical, structured, rigorous and autonomous way with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to handle confidential information
If you wish to join our mission and you feel you have the right profile to take on this role, please follow this link GICHD Job application portal
You are kindly requested to present your application in English and include
- a CV of maximum 2 pages
- a letter of motivation
- your earliest date of availability
Please note that this position is not eligible for relocation; local candidates will be considered.
The GICHD implements a Gender and Diversity policy and is an equal opportunities employer. Applications are encouraged from women and men, nationals of mine-affected countries and individuals with a disability or special needs, who meet the above profile requirements.
GICHD website www.gichd.org
For further information please contact us at hr(at)gichd.org